Sunday, April 26, 2015

04.24.15

UPDATE for 2015



As we begin the Spring in East Texas, I am making plans for my 4th trip to Haiti in August. I have the privilege, once again, to go back to NVM and serve on a Short Term Medical Team. This summer I will bring one of my graduates and a workout buddy with me. When I think about August, I get very excited of going back to Haiti; Haiti is beginning to be my second home. Lucky me!

Enough about me, let me update you on SHOES for HAITI. First of all THANK YOU for giving your SHOES for HAITI and allowing me to share them with the beautiful people at Chembrum, Haiti. Every time I think my mission for collecting shoes is over, I get more shoes from friends and strangers. My heart is always overwhelmed.

As of 04.04.15 I have collected approximately 1187 pairs of shoes and shipped approximately 1052. I clean them, air dry the shoes for 24 hours and only ship the pairs that are without holes, torn soles, etc. The Haitians terrain is very rocky with large thorns, and I do not want to send any pair that has holes, or the soles are worn.  It's important to me, that I ship gently used shoes. That was my initial commitment 2.5 years ago, and I will remain steadfast to quality over quantity. 

I have another plan to bring back Haitian artwork from a few artist I have befriended and have an Art Showing in Tyler, early Fall. All the proceeds will be going back to Haiti. I have a deep love for Haitian art and hope you will find one piece that speaks to you and you'll proudly display in your home. More information on this endeavor as things develop.    

Thank you for sharing the journey with me and keep sending me your SHOES for HAITI.

P.S. Notice post on School Shoes needs in March. 

Blessings (and thank you)
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment